Psychiatric Registered Nurse - Home Health
Company: LHC Group
Posted on: July 22, 2021
The Psychiatric Registered Nurse (RN)
in Home Health renders professional nursing care to patients in
their home by assessing, developing, implementing, and evaluating
home nursing care needs of assigned patients.
Home, a part of LHC Group, is the preferred
post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families
nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute
care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality,
cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health
at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have
partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the
home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group,
because we are united by a single, shared
purpose: It's all about helping
- Makes the initial nursing evaluation visit within 24 - 48 hours
of receipt of referral or longer if indicated by MD.
- Continually evaluates the patient's nursing needs by assessing
and reassessing the patient to include general physical assessment,
mental status assessment and suicidal potential assessments.
- Initiates and coordinates the plan of treatment and necessary
revisions per acceptable standards of psychiatric
- Instructs and supervises the patient's family in the care of
the patient and maintenance of a healthy and safe environment.
- Provides those services requiring substantial specialized
- Renders nursing care to homebound patients and perform
treatments as ordered by the physician.
- Assists the patient's family in any way possible to recognize
the daily living problems of the patient and provides information
on community resources that are available.
- Maintains accurate records of the history of the patient for
the supervisor and the physician, especially in reference to drugs,
- Reports to the patient's physician and other appropriate
personnel pertinent changes in the patient's condition.
- Provides counseling and crisis intervention to the patient and
- Participates in in-service programs as required by the
- Participates in nursing report and complies with the Care
- Performs 60 day record review (recertification) and
collaborates with physicians and all other disciplines involved in
- Participates in staff conference regarding patient care.
- Participates in the QA/QI plan and process.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- The RN must have one of the
following credentials: 1.) A masters degree in psychiatric or
mental health nursing OR; 2.) A bachelors degree in nursing with
one year of experience in an active treatment unit in a psychiatric
or mental health hospital or outpatient clinic OR; 3.) A diploma or
associate degree with two years experience in an active treatment
unit in a psychiatric or mental health hospital or outpatient
clinic OR 4.0 On an individual basis and/or other combination of
education or experience as required by specific state law, as
- Prior to RN making a psychiatric
nurse visit, the agency will adhere to Psychiatric Skilled
Nursing/Scope of Care and the written notification from the CMS
Intermediary will be evident on file at the agency if
- Must have experience within the
last five years. If not, documentation must support psychiatric
retraining classes or CEUs to update psychiatric
Additional State Requirements
- CA: One year prior professional
- LA: At a minimum, one year of
clinical experience as a Registered Nurse. One year of clinical
experience as a Registered Nurse may be waived for a Registered
Nurse with recent clinical experience as an LPN. RN licensure must
have no restrictions.
- AK, AL, AR, AZ, CO, CT, D.C.,
FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MS, MI, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY NV,
OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI, WV: No other state
have current RN
have a current drivers license and vehicle insurance, and access to
a dependable vehicle, or public
- Current CPR
Opportunity Employer – vets, disability.
Keywords: LHC Group, Ocala , Psychiatric Registered Nurse - Home Health, Other , Ocala, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!