RTC - Technician Service I
Apply now "
Date: Jun 6, 2021
Location: Ocala , FL, US, 34474
Company: REV Group, Inc.
Requisition ID: 8441
REV Group (NYSE: REVG) is a leading designer, manufacturer and
distributor of specialty vehicles and related aftermarket parts and
services. REV serves a diversified customer base primarily in the
United States through three segments: Fire & Emergency, Commercial
and Recreation. REV provides customized vehicle solutions for
applications including: essential needs (ambulances, fire
apparatus, school buses, mobility vans and municipal transit
buses), industrial and commercial (terminal trucks, cut-away buses
and street sweepers) and consumer leisure (recreational vehicles
("RVs") and luxury buses). REV's brand portfolio consists of 30
well-established principal vehicle brands including many of the
most recognizable names within our served markets. Several of REV's
brands pioneered their specialty vehicle product categories and
date back more than 50 years.
Job Title: RTC Service Technician - Ocala
Job Grade: Hourly
Date: March 20, 2017
Source of Supervision: Service Manager
Overview: This is a customer support position responsible for
repairing and servicing fire-emergency vehicles. In addition, the
candidate must be able to solve customer problems and conduct
repairs with the utmost level of safety and accuracy while being
called upon to perform assembly & light manufacturing tasks. The
candidate must have an excellent mechanical skillset and be able to
thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to customer service needs as required.
- Repair fire-emergency apparatus as directed.
- Become proficient in the assembly of light vehicles and
ambulance remounts as required.
- Schedule and coordinate repairs and maintenance as
- Establish relationships with customers to ensure optimal
support in assigned area.
- Quote repairs and maintenance to customers as required.
- Attend trade shows, municipal events, county events and
conferences as necessary
- Conduct manufacturer tours and inspections with customers at
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication
- Must have experience with customized equipment or product
- Must have a valid driver's license - CDL preferred.
- Must live within assigned geographic territory.
- Must be able to travel within territory and out-of-state when
- Must be independent and able to be productive in an
- Must be able to work hours commensurate with customers in the
- Must have an understanding of accounting principles with
understanding of profit and loss.
- Heavy truck automotive experience preferred.
- Experience in fire-rescue industry preferred or professional
- Experience in service of customized equipment and/or
- Experience with automotive diagnostic software
- Experience with automotive multiplex electrical systems
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to stand or walk; use hands
to finger, handle or feel objects; and reach with hands and
- The employee is regularly required to use hand tool, power
tools and air tools.
- The employee frequently is required to walk.
- The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, or
- The employee is occasionally required to sit for extended
periods of time.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Ability to bend, stoop, and squat.
- Ability to work with arms above head.
- Able to read and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Indoor office occasionally.
- Outdoor workshop environment occasionally.
- Warehouse environment occasionally.
- Production Floor occasionally.
- Work from service vehicle environment occasionally.
Personal Protective Equipment recommended and/or required on
- Safety glasses.
- Steel toed shoes.
- Work gloves.
REV Technical Center provides emergency vehicle solutions,
services and parts to help our customers save lives and protect
REV Group is committed to a policy of equal employment
opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without
regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic
information, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by
law. REV Group also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal
employment opportunity for minorities and women, for persons with
disabilities, and for protected veterans.
NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Effective January 1, 2020, pursuant to the California Consumer
Privacy Act of 2018 (as amended, the "CCPA"), if you are a
California resident, you may have certain additional rights. Please
click on the link for a description of those rights and how
California residents may exercise them.