Safety Loss Prevention Specialist
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Chewy is currently hiring au0026nbsp;Safety u0026amp; Loss
Preventionu0026nbsp;Specialist for our Ocala, FL fulfillment
center. This individual will work as part of a team to drive
fulfillment center safety, loss prevention, environmental
compliance, and food safety programs as well as employee engagement
in support of Building a Culture of Safety.
What you'll do:
- Influence behavior and inspire commitment on the part of all
personnel in complying with Chewy.com safety standards and
maintaining a safe work environment.
- Conduct training and coach associates on observed work habits
in support of this effort.
- Support management's efforts to ensure compliance with
corporate Safety, Food Safety, Environmental Compliance and Loss
Preventionu0026nbsp;Program expectations and applicable federal and
state laws. Conduct theft investigations as needed and directed by
the Safety and Loss Prevention Manager.
- Identify and inform management of compliance issues, safety
risks and improvement opportunities as they relate to Safety, Loss
Prevention, Environmental Compliance and Food Safety through the
conduct of daily, weekly and monthly audits.
- Assist in maintaining accurate daily, weekly, and monthly
metrics to report to onsite management teams and corporate based
- Conduct risk assessments related to jobs performed (Job Hazard
Analysis) and new equipment introductions.
- Facilitate incident investigation process to include near
misses, unsafe acts or unsafe conditions.
- Train and assist others (Ops Managers, Safety Team Members,
etc.) to complete their Safety, Loss Prevention, Environmental
Compliance and Food Safety responsibilities (Audits,
Investigations, Follow Safety Rules, etc.).
- Lead safety, food safety, environmental compliance and loss
prevention related training classes.
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 2 years in an Environmental Health u0026amp; Safety
(EHS) related field or bachelor's degree in related field
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations specifically 29 CFR 1910
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Strong communication, teamwork, analysis, judgment and customer
- Ability to analyze accident data, new processes, and machinery
for potential safety concerns and conduct job hazard and job safety
- Able to maintain confidentiality in matters involving personnel
- Available to work flexible shifts including days, nights and/or
- Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in a safety related
- Experience in Worker's Compensation case management
- Proven record of developing safety initiatives with
Keywords: Chewy, Ocala , Safety Loss Prevention Specialist, Other , Ocala, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!